Karma Games is accepting game submissions from game designers and is especially interested in games within these categories that have the following features:
Mid-heavy euro games
- little or no luck
- highly replayable
- good flow
- high level of indirect interaction
- scale well with number of players
- well balanced
- decently thematic (without being too complex)
- possibility of being highly language independent
- expected BGG weight approx. between 2.7 and 3.7
- Play time between 60 and 120 min
- player count at least 1 – 4
Many game designers of euro games focus a lot on inventing novel mechanics. We at Karma Games think games should primarily be fun and if the novel mechanics are fun, even better! However, a novel mechanic is worth nothing if it actually decreases the fun players have. We like innovation but fun is the most important feature of a game. We are particularly intested in games that are relatively deep despite rather simple and streamlined rules.
- Simple rules and emerging complexity
- highly interactive (indirective or directive)
- variable setup that reduces or eliminates the advantage of learning “opening theory” by heart (eg. like chess 960)
- with a handicap system to balance players (eg. like in Go)
- 100% language-independent
- player count 2 or 2 – 4
Juma, the founder of Karma Games, was a competitive chess player and is an abstract gamer at heart. He also played Go reguarly for a while. Thus, he understands abstract games very deeply.
- very easy to learn
- highly interactive
- portable, small box
We love games such as Avalon and Dixit that you can play with your non-gamer friends and have a blast!
If you have any such game that fits within these 3 categories and that posseses most of the features listed feel free to send the rulebook via email. If we are interested we will ask you to send us a prototype so we can playtest it.